Although many women believe their vaginal health is affected by the food they eat, their hygiene habits, or types of products they use, many are unaware that mental health can affect the body overall, as well as the vagina. In particular, mental health issues, such as anxiety and stress, can cause a variety of physical symptoms that affect every facet of the body, including feminine health. The following is a closer look at this matter as well as what can be done to promote vaginal health.
Can Stress Cause Discharge?
Although stress is known for causing physical symptoms such as headaches, back pain, and hair loss, many women are unaware of the fact that stress may be causing an increase in vaginal discharge as well. Although every woman produces vaginal discharge as the body's method of keeping the vagina clean and healthy, stress can cause discharge to become heavier than usual, and may even cause it to produce an irregular vaginal odor. Nevertheless, every woman is different, and it is up to each woman to observe the changes in their own body when they are experiencing stress or other related emotions.
Genitally Focused Anxiety Symptoms
Additionally, anxiety can cause vaginal symptoms, including:
- Vaginal Dryness: One of the top symptoms that can be caused by excessive anxiety is vaginal dryness. Stress on the body can negatively affect blood flow to the vaginal area. Without the proper blood flow to the area, it can lead to vaginal dryness. The ability of a woman to become aroused relies heavily on their ability to become relaxed and pleased in general. However, when a woman is experiencing excessive anxiety levels, her body will essentially become too stressed to function in a usual manner sexually.
- Vaginitis: Another vaginal symptom that can be caused by anxiety is vaginitis. Vaginitis is a vaginal symptom that is caused by an imbalance in vaginal bacteria. Stress and anxiety can disrupt the balance of bacteria within the body overall and cause the imbalance.
- STD Symptoms: Another often overlooked symptom of anxiety and stress is the triggering of STD symptoms. In particular, if a woman has a pre-existing STD, the symptoms can be triggered by stress. For instance, this could result in outbreaks of sores in the mouth or groin area and potentially vaginal discharge.
Help for Stress-Related Vaginal Symptoms
If a woman is suffering from excessive stress and anxiety that causes vaginal symptoms such as dryness or discharge, here is what can be done to address these issues:
- Manage Stress: One of the top things to relieve vaginal symptoms is managing stress. Whether a woman chooses to meditate, take medication, do yoga, or any other method, the best thing that can be done to reduce vaginal symptoms is to reduce stress levels overall.
- Natural Solutions: Another method of addressing stress-related vaginal symptoms is by exploring natural solutions. For instance, boric acid suppositories and other natural feminine hygiene products can work wonders in terms of addressing issues such as unpleasant-smelling discharge. pH-D Feminine Health is one well-known product line that helps women address several feminine health issues.
- Physician Support: Lastly, if a woman is under extreme stress or anxiety that is affecting her vaginal health, it is always best to consult with a physician. Consulting a professional is an excellent option for those who were not helped by managing stress or natural remedies.
- Stress can cause a variety of vaginal health issues, like excessive discharge or vaginal dryness.
- Stress-related vaginal symptoms can be addressed by using stress management, natural solutions, and consulting with an OB/GYN or another health practitioner.
Trusted Feminine Health Products
Overall, if a woman is suffering from vaginal changes due to stress or they’re beginning to notice some of the genitally focused anxiety symptoms listed above, there are plenty of ways to get feminine health support. In addition to managing stress, be sure to consult with a physician and use natural feminine health products such as those created by pH-D Feminine Health.